Introduction of Administration – Felix Perrone
Felix Perrone – League President
Mike McNicholas – League Treasurer
Zigmas Maloni – Director of Officiating (and Records)
Kevin Bailey – Chief of Content
Jacob Leski – Director of League Expansion & Retention Colin Hiatt – Director of Nationals 2017
Roll Call – Felix Perrone
Present Member Teams: DePaul, Kent, OSU, MSU, GVSU, UK, BGSU, SVSU, WKU, CMU, UWP, Miami, NSU, UMD, JMU, Towson, VCU, PSU, Akron, Ohio, UVA, UNG, CSU, and featuring UWW
Non-present Members: UNL, UNT, SU, BW, Pitt, NIU, GSU, MC
Saturday Results, Sunday’s Seeding and Schedule – Colin Hiatt & Zigmas Maloni
Present Seedings and Schedule
Administrative Announcements – Felix Perrone
- Constitution to be updated September 1, 2017.
- League internship opportunities.
- Communication and Marketing
- Designing, Development, and Programming
- Ambassadors for Director of League Expansion
League Growth – Jacob Leski
[Presentation] Growth this year and discussion of upcoming teams.
Host Bids for Nationals 2018 – Felix Perrone & Colin Hiatt
Presentations/Bids from interested parties: Akron, VCU, WKU, NIU
Nominations for NCDA Officer Positions – Felix Perrone & Colin Hiatt
Any member of the NCDA can nominate an individual for the following positions.
5.4.1 President – See Constitution – The President is to maintain/manage the Organization.
5.4.2 Treasurer – The Treasurer is to maintain/manage the finances of the Organization.
5.4.3 Director of Officiating – The Director of Officiating (“DoO”) is responsible for managing the rulebook, officials, and records of the Organization.
May 6+7: FitExpo Event – The NCDA is pairing up with the World Dodgeball Society for a tournament.
May 28: May Day Dodgeball Rally – DePaul – Post-season hat tournament tradition, all players welcome!
Kent Summer Dodgeball – Kent Officers
Rule & Policy Proposals – Zigmas Maloni & Felix Perrone
Newly Proposed Rules/Policies
- R1 Scoring Mechanics (Fettig)
- R2 Team Catching (Starr)
- R3 12 v 12 (by Perrone/O’Brien) (Articles by Zander, and Meisel/Bailey)
- R4 Shot Clock Officals (Tubergen)
- R5 Shot Clock Counted Up (Salinas)
- R6 Shot Clock Burden Ball (Smith)
- R7 Blood Rule (Meisel)
- R8 Number of Captains (Peters)
- R9 Captain Markings (Arnold)
- R10 Change Attack Line Distance (Bailey/O’Brien)
- P1 Enforce Front Numbers [Announcement] (Salinas)
- P2 Min Games Required for Nationals Participation (ZM)
- P3 Senior Eligibility for Nationals (Starr)
- P4 Member Team Voting Rights (O’Brien)
- P5 Hybrid Ranking System (Bailey/O’Brien)
Constitutional Policy Proposals
- P6 Nationals Bracket Format (Peters, Hynes, Perrone)
- P7 Remove Executive Board Override (Mize)
- P8 Nationals Scheduling (ZM)
- P9 Executive Board Increase (Fettig)
Thanks & Accolades – Felix Perrone