Check out the potential exchanges according to the Gonzalez Ranking System.
|Round||High Seed||Low Seed||Rating||Rating||Predicted Exchange||Exchange if Upset|
Snippets on these matches, in terms of the Gonzalez system.
- GVSU/MSU will be interesting. MSU at home is comparable to GVSU on the road.
- BGSU/DePaul is notable for being of similar strength on neutral ground. A potential close match, for the first few points to be certain.
- CMU/MSU are very close in rating. A technical upset by MSU in a previous round will cause them to be favored in this match over CMU.
- GVSU/CMU also notable, while still remaining similar in ratings on neutral hardwood. GVSU’s has a minor edge here.
- The first three matches of the event could very well enter into overtime, with opponents being so close in terms of strength. A rating exchange of 1.000 indicates that each opponent is equal in strength.
- The rest of the matches mostly fall below the exchange threshold, which indicates a low chance of surprises in terms of upsets or any significant swings in ratings between those participants.