Disclaimer: These rankings have zero impact on seeding for the National Tournament or actual ranking. They provide insight into where teams are currently performing during a given part of the season.
1. Grand Valley State University LR: 1
They are 13-2, still the team to beat. Not much has changed the last 5 years. Solid wins over CMU 3-2 in OT and over MSU 2-1.
2. Michigan State University LR: 2
One can only guess that the Spartans are proud of the way they have played the first half of the season. However, they are probably even more excited for the return of Colin O’Brien for the 2nd half of the season. They are my prediction to win the National Title.
3. James Madison University LR: 3
Haven’t played since early November. No changes here.
4. Towson University LR: 4
Same as JMU, no changes because they have not played any games in over a month.
5. Central Michigan University LR: 7
Demolished both Kent State and BGSU at the Spartan Invite. Lost once again in OT, one has to wonder if they will ever be able to pull out an OT win.
6. University of Kentucky LR: 6
Had no issues beating mid-tier teams at Miami’s home tournament. Drew Greenawalt returns for the Wildcats in the second half of the season, “yuge” addition.
7. Saginaw Valley State University LR: 5
Got smoked 5-0 by MSU and barely beat Kent State. They more than likely enjoy being unpredictable. There is no middle ground for this squad, they either are painful to watch or play like a title team.
8. Western Kentucky University LR: 9
“They just keep rolling out the dough…” Currently on a 6 game win streak, however may have difficulty traveling in the near future.
9. Virginia Commonwealth University LR: 11
Starting out the season 10-7. Impressive and I don’t see them slowing down anytime soon thanks to their leadership. Keep up the great work Rams.
10. University of Wisconsin – Platteville LR: 12
Sitting at 5-1, I believe that is their best 6 game start. Yes they lost to Nebraska, but I think they would like to put that behind them more than anybody.
11. Kent State University LR: 8
Got thrashed by CMU and GVSU. Kept it somewhat close with SVSU. A lot of bark, but no bite for this club.
12. Penn State University LR: 14
Just want to see them play. They always pick it up in the second half of the season.
13. Ohio State University LR: 10
Had to take Ohio to OT to beat them. Got their asses handed to them by Kentucky. Lots of work to do for this young squad.
14. Bowling Green State University LR: 17
Faced off against some tough competition in Michigan. Held their own for the most part.
15. Ohio University LR: 19
They never stop improving. Credit to the leadership of Caleb Arnold and the rest of his teammates.
16. Akron University LR: 13
17. DePaul University LR: 16
Right in the middle of the pack as usual.
18. University of North Georgia LR: 15
Faced solid competition in VCU and WKU. Can only help them going forward.
19. University of Virginia LR: 18
20. University of Maryland LR: 20
21. University of Nebraska LR: 21
22. Stevenson University LR: 22
23. Miami (OH) University LR: 23
No changes. Looking to attend a Michigan tournament in the near future. Bold, but a smart move.
24. Baldwin Wallace University LR: 19
They are 0-2 due to canceling on teams. Focusing their efforts on recruiting.
25. Northern Illinois University LR: 25
26. University of North Texas LR: 24
Working on getting them a game. Want to see Mean Green playing as much as possible.
27. University of Pittsburgh LR: 24
Have not played since October 1st. Young team, going to take sometime to get them playing a lot of games.
28. University of Wisconsin – Whitewater LR: N/A
Welcome to the NCDA. They will need to continue to focus on recruitment. Happy to have another team in the cheese state.
29. Georgia Southern LR: 28
Much work to do here, but they have the drive to keep working and to become a staple in the League.