As UW-Whitewater joins the NCDA as the 44th School to compete, we now have 29 active teams listed in the Standings. We only had 3 matches played in the West since the last Standings post.
|UWP (40.417)||DePaul (37.857)||0.744|
|DePaul (37.113)||UWW (40.000+3)||1.589 (90.85%)|
|UWP (41.161)||UWW (38.411+3)||1.025 (4.25%)|
To start backwards, UWP’s slight, technical upset win over a home UWW netted them 1.025 Gonzalez points and was 211th of 221 total upsets. That’s the low 4th percentile.
DePaul’s upset win over the home court boosted UWW have the teams exchanging 1.589 in a relatively close match. It is close to the 91st percentile, with just 19 upsets greater than it. We should look out for another UWW/DePaul matchup when Whitewater has more games under their belt (at least 6).
A UWW venue is the most neutral location for a UWP/DePaul matchup (just a two hour drive!) and marks great potential for a new event location, as long as UW Whitewater gets gym space sorted out. This weekend marks the 10th time UWP and DePaul have played, although they’ve played a few times before accurate record keeping started in 2010. UWP is 10-0 versus DePaul, with 3 of those being minor upset wins and even two where UWP topped a DePaul home team. This year DePaul has a much closer rating to UWP, who still leads that middle section of the Standings along with VCU.
- 2013-03-02: UWP takes 1.330 on DePaul (Home)
- 2010-10-23: UWP takes 1.159 at WIU
- 2016-10-16: UWP takes 1.146 on DePaul (Home)
- 2016-12-04: UWP takes 0.744 at UWW
- 2016-09-24: UWP takes 0.663 (adjusted) in OT at UNL
- 2013-10-20: UWP takes 0.647 on DePaul at SAU
- 2014-03-08: UWP takes 0.485 on DePaul (Home)
- 2013-11-09: UWP takes 0.423 on DePaul at UNL
- 2015-09-19: UWP (home) takes 0.072 on DePaul
- 2016-02-20: UWP (home) takes 0.010 on DePaul
|↑ from 14||12||42.186||UWP|
|↓ from 12||13||41.088||PSU|
|↓ from 13||14||40.474||UNT|
|↑ from 18||16||38.702||DePaul|
|↓ from 16||17||38.583||BGSU|
|↓ from 17||18||37.926*||NIU|
|↓ from 19||20||37.376||UVA|
|↓ from 20||21||37.310||UMD|
|↓ from 21||22||37.197||Akron|
|↓ from 22||23||36.563||BW|
|↓ from 23||24||36.433||UNL|
|↓ from 24||25||36.251*||GSU|
|↓ from 25||26||36.067*||Pitt|
|↓ from 26||27||35.118||SU|
|↓ from 27||28||34.487||Ohio|
|↓ from 28||29||33.700||Miami|
* UNG, NIU, UWW, GSU, Pitt are all new teams and their ratings can be considered provisional. They currently only have 2, 3 or 5 matches in their history; once they play about 6 total matches we can consider their ratings a bit more solid. Predictability of the Gonzalez Exchange increases the more matches a team is able to play.