Just a good amount of what needs to be done, not a complete list. Last updated 2013-11-11
Average Joes’ Podcast:
- AJP Guidelines: Average Joes’ is the overarching podcast brand of the NCDA: categories of the show make it AJP vanilla AJP (numbered episodes) is hosted by regular hosts. Alumni have special edition/category (i.e. AJP: The Aluminati Edition). Teams have other names, etc. All posted under the AJP category on the site.
- Guidelines – Intro, ten seconds in fade and have a 15 second introduction of the hosts.
- Guidelines – Teams hosting Average Joes’ Podcast
- Guidelines – production of typical AJP episodes, directory of sound effects, etc.
- Fix errors in files, Episodes: 02.5-sample rate to 22/44Khz 14-missing 15-Next ID3v2 frame 16-Next ID3v2 frame 18-Next ID3v2 frame 19-missing Live Episode 2 – missing
- Tag past episode posts with relevant tags
- Develop vector for AJP Logo
- Make 1400×1400 AJP Logo for iTunes
- Forum: Guide on a typical episodes, sound goals, content standards, etc.
- Purpose: To help support current NCDA players into successful careers regarding their degrees, if possible, and suppling information regarding the options for continuing to play dodgeball: either in professional leagues, local pick up play, or open adult tournaments.
- Join the NCDA Alumni facebook group
- Dodgeball Nation (replaced Midwest Dodgeball)
- Pro: UDL, NDL, others?
- Upload PDF to Recruitment folder, distribute to the email contact list
- Pages highlighting key events of the NCDA, more events can be added as we go along. To start would include CDO, MDC, Battle of the Valleys, Bluegrass, etc.
- Requires a home/directory page, listing events.
- Each page lists winners, contenders, history, address of usual venue, trophies, etc in a reproducible and standard format.
- Graphic identity (colors, any available vector graphics) and arrange a Team Identity Reference manual [current txt] [MAC teams]
- Gather vector logos of every team logo
- Broken Link Checker Plugin: Fix broken links
- Update WordPress and plugins as needed
- Post: 2012 Results (in gdrive)
- Post: 2012 Booklet (zm folder)
- Post: 2011 All Stars of MI v the World: Similar gathering process
- Post: 2011 Results (in gdrive)
- Post: 2011 Booklet (zm folder)
- Posts:2005-2010, fill out results
- Contact OSU, MSU, GVSU, BGSU for past Nationals results and/or team results.
Nationals 2013 & Minisite:
- Fix header with attending teams.
- Post rosters
- Post All Stars + Logo (make logo)
- Post Lady Dodgeballs in the Ladies’ Match
- Post Officials [School] [Head Referee, Timekeeper, etc]
- Post Alumni Attended
- Post Captains’ Meeting Brief
- Post Recap
- Article on NCDAcom
- Script for Officiating Mechanics video
- Add an Officiating section to the Equipment page: Links to whistles (fox 40?), referee style shirts, card sets, link to rulebook too.
- Research older team’s school newspapers and such, post related articles in the Press category by post dating to publishing date. See category for details.
- Vanguard template, change old paper posts to this
- Intern: Recruitment Coordinator
- Intern: PHP developer, ad hoc
- Call for Content to be discussed in the Captains’ Meeting
- Series: Local Rulesets (DePaul, Kent, etc), including interviews with reps
- If applicable, separate articles for Gladiator, Freezeball, etc.
- 2014 Predictions: Get predictions for each upcoming match, find schedules, code/set up spreadsheet with auto point calculation
- Recruitment Records – a list of schools and data related to their contacts. Forum thread.
- Fill in data by researching each school’s website, seeing if there is student organization related to dodgeball, whether Club Sports or other categories.
- Add current NCDA member teams.
- Add past school and contacts from the email, under recruitment label.
- Post: How recruitment has been done
- Post: Future strategy / possibly east coast strategy (Sean)
- Ongoing: NCDA Records 2014 – Update with played matches and new schedules
- Ongoing: Until plugin coded, manually update recent box score widgets
- 2005-2010 records population, gather and input.
- Contact older club sport departments for old general records (DePaul complete)
Ratings Percentage Index:
- Application using Ruby on Rails
- NHL, WLP have been coded.
- Code Lieblich, Perrone, Gonzalez
- See Lieblich’s RPI code
- Alternative discussion by forum
- Code to spec: RPI or other similar decided upon for Nationals.
- Nationals Statistics, scan in note cards, ask for any still floating around
Usual updated information between seasons.
- Gather Team Bios and Contact Info (forum thread)
- Use Forum Thread to update Memberlist, Bio Pages, PDF
- Staff for next year (interns for summer if applicable)
- Alumni to FB Group
- New Team Officers to FB Group
- Recruitment Packet Update
- Team Map
- Site Header Logos
- League Dues
Team Bio Pages
- Setup pages for old, defunct, and inactive teams as a reference
- ONGOING: Update information 1-2 times a year
- Make sure all Pages are in a uniform style: Site, FB, Twitter links
- Gather and Create Uniform specs for every team.
- INFO: Club Name, School Name, Acronym, Month/Year Founded, Date Joined NCDA, Logo (Vector), Bio paragraph, Contact email & phone number
- Gather dodgeball videos from member team accounts, add to favorites.
- Make playlists by season, games from 2011-12, etc.
- Make a playlist of quick 30 second ish plays, [highlights]
- Make a playlist of top NCDA highlight plays with the most views
- Update Nationals 2013 video descriptions to a common format [result of game, where, round, etc.]
- Officiating Video – See Officiating heading.
- Dodgeball Stretching Video?
- Camera Angles typed manual (Bomis may have extra input to include)
- Being written in a Gdrive Document
- Type out outline
- Transfer written Articles from other marked constitutions.
Graphic identity (colors, any available vector graphics)
Member Team Identity Reference Manual [current txt] [MAC] [Big Ten]
— File Nomenclature
— Baller of the Month
–— School Media Posts (Newspapers)
— Camera Angles
Average Joes’ Podcast
— Average Joes’ is the overarching podcast brand of the NCDA: categories of the show make it AJP vanilla AJP (numbered episodes) is hosted by regular hosts. Alumni have special edition/category (i.e. AJP: The Aluminati Edition). Teams have other names, etc. All posted under the AJP category on the site.
— Intro, ten seconds in fade and have a 15 second introduction of the hosts.
— Teams hosting Average Joes’ Podcast
— production of typical AJP episodes, directory of sound effects, etc.
— Reporting after the Match
— G-Drive Sheet
–— Ratings Percentage Index
— League Membership Fee
–— JV and B Teams
— Forfeits and dropping out of teams (Bomis or Raymer have original doc)
Inventory: Update forum inventory with new additions in the email version. Post as a site page.
Coordinating an NCDA Event
- Design of template
- Creation of child theme
- Change footer text
- Transfer to theme Twenty Thirteen?
Become a Team, Rulebook, Video, Forum, Results, Events, Map, Contact
- Index: Map, Box Scores, Nationals, Teams, Search Bar, Social Media, Articles, Video, Forum
- Results/Records: Current, Past, Recent Box Scores
- Rulebook: Casebook, Abridged, Download, House Rules, Mini-Games
- Team Bio Pages
- Recruitment: Packet Info, Benefits, Responsibilities, How To Guide
- Contact: NCDA (email, social media, inventory) Become a Team, Member Teams, Upcoming Teams
- Nationals: Tourney Procedure and Tradition, Capt. Meeting, Past Results, Champions, Nationals 2011, Nationals 2012
- Shop: Team Apparel, Rulebook, Websites
- Resources (kinda like a site map for need to know stuff